Bursary Opportunity Terms and Conditions
- To qualify for the competition, entrant must be an AFHCO resident.
- Entrants must enter via the AFHCO website or by collecting the forms at AFHCO Head Office.
- The competition is not open to juristic persons.
- The competition will be open for entries at 8:00 on 1 June 2022 and entries close at 17:00 on 11 July 2022. Entries received after the closing time will not be valid and will be excluded from the draw.
- In order to receive the R50 000 educational bursary, the entrants must:
- Apply for the opportunity and supply all supporting documents.
- The course duration should be a minimum of 12 months and be aligned to SAQA (South African Qualification Authority) standards at an accredited tertiary institution. Prepare the following documentation:
- Completed application form (click here to download).
- RSA Identity Document.
- Final Grade 11 transcripts (current Grade 12 only).
- Most recent Grade 12 transcript.
- National Senior Certificate and results statement.
- Most recent academic results(tertiary students only)
- Motivational letter on bursary need and how studies would be funded in the absence of a bursary.
- Testimonial letter from teacher, lecturer, principal or dean.
- Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be no cash transferred. The R50 000 bursary will be paid directly to the educational institution.
- The recipient will be chosen through an externally audited system generated random draw and will be conducted in July 2022.
- The recipient will be contacted by no later than 25 July 2022 by email.
- The recipient must accept the prize within 4 days of receipt of the email notification failing which, the prize will be forfeited.
- This will be announced on our online platforms no later than 2 August 2022.
- If you have not been contacted by the time of announcement, please consider your entry unsuccessful.
- The draw will be overseen and verified by AFHCO’s internal and external Auditors and/or internal or external Attorney.
- The recipient must provide proof of identity in the form of either their valid ID book or valid passport and proof of residence.
- Prizes are not transferable and/or negotiable and cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise.
- The recipient must provide evidence of being an AFHCO tenant or a dependent thereof.
- By entering this competition, the entrants confirm their consent to be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein.
- AFHCO’s decision regarding any issue with the competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- AFHCO reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
- By entering into this competition, the entrant gives AFHCO the authorisation to publish the winner’s name, surname, images, including photographs, in the media for promotional purposes without any liability to AFHCO.
- The Judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Promotion disclaimer: AFHCO, its associated companies, agents and contractors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, damage, death, personal injuries, defamation, invasion of privacy or claims based on publicity rights arising in connection with this promotion.
- Cancellation: AFHCO reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this competition. In such an event, where the initiative is cancelled or suspended, all Customers agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the initiative and acknowledge that they have no recourse against AFHCO, their employees, agents, partners, suppliers, sponsors or promoters.
- System Failure: No member of AFHCO is responsible for lost, delayed, misdirected, internet or computer malfunctions, errors in transmission or any condition beyond the control of AFHCO which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above terms and conditions will result in immediate disqualification.
See some of our proud AFHCO Bursary Opportunity recipients from past years:
Click here for 2020 – 2021 recipients
Click here for 2022 recipient